Accounts Payable / Human Resources
This position is responsible for both Accounts Payable (A/P) and Human Resources (HR) administration.
A/P Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the company’s accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Processes purchase orders and associated vendor invoices into ERP system ensuring company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
• Ensures all negotiated supplier and maintenance contracts are paid per contract.
• Processes check payments, ACH payments, bank wire transfers, garnishments and other payments to vendors ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
• Processes all vendor invoices and statements and manages payable activity.
• Researches and resolves all payment and account discrepancies.
• Manages all vendor master accounts adjusting as needed.
• Reconciles company credit card statement monthly.
HR Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers health and welfare benefit plans, including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the COBRA administrator for the company.
• Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants in the interviewing process) on benefit plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
• Manages annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of plan materials and required notices, assists with communicating changes to employees and arranges for onsite representation by providers. Processes changes within plan required deadlines.
• Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
• Coordinates and assists with the ACA and ERISA benefits reporting requirements.
• Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare benefit plans. Refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager(s) as needed.
• Maintains the employee personnel files and participation of all training and development programs.
• Administers payroll and keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
• Manages and schedules pre-employment applications, resumes, tests and interviews.
• Conducts new-employee orientations and exit interviews.
• Performs outreach to community sources as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 3+ years of related experience, or training and experience with HRIS and payroll systems.
• Extensive knowledge of A/P and HR
• Professional communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
Health/Dental/Vision insurances, 401k plan, HSA/Flex account, Paid Personal Time Off, Life Insurance
Full-time salaried position